Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm halfway there!!

When I retired, I received several monetary gifts.  I decided to put those gifts into my 3-day account since I had $2300 to raise just to go on the walk.  I'M WELL OVER HALFWAY THERE!  I only have $805 more to raise - and a lot more people to ask!  I'm so excited....AND.....plane and hotel reservations are made!  Kind of brings it all into reality now.  My sister and I are flying to Washington DC on the 17th of September - we're going to spend a few days sightseeing and taking a little vacation time before the walk.  We'll come back home on Tuesday the 27th - gives us a couple of days to rest up after the walk.  I'm having a garage sale this weekend in conjunction with the neighborhood sale.  That money will go towards my travel fund.  My mom has graciously given my sister and I some money to go towards our travel fund.  My sister is doing some babysitting this summer for a friend and is putting that money towards our travel fund.  I have a jar that we drop change into - and also my tips from working at the Royals and Sprint.  Kaitlyn and I took it to the bank the other day and there was over $200 in bills - and $233 in change!  That plus what mom gave us more than pays for our plane tickets, now we just have to work on our hotel stay.  I think we'll be fine and be able to have an enjoyable time.

Walking is going okay.  Had a slight setback with the ole' knee, but a couple of days of rest, an ice pack, and a brace has helped.  I did get six miles in during the Relay for Life, and another two on Saturday. Rested Sunday - that's when it swelled up big time!  Rested Monday but was able to walk three miles today.  Will do water aerobics tomorrow then see how it does on Thursday.  This weekend will be strange - need to get one 10-mile walk in and an 8-mile walk, but the garage sale is Saturday.  Might swap and do the shorter one on Saturday evening, then the 10-mile on Sunday.  That might even be easier on the knee.
Kaitlyn leaves Friday morning for a week in Muncie, Indiana at a Leadership weekend and Jazz camp.  She's going up with her band director and the drum majors from her school.  I hope she likes it - she was originally signed up for drum major camp, but didn't make drum major (her band director had other ideas for her!), so instead of her not going at all we changed it so she could do the jazz track.  I think it will be good - their marching show this year is "The Jazz Effect" so it should help.  She may even end up with a solo - who knows!

Off to bed so I can get up and do aerobics tomorrow.  Still can't sleep much past 6:30 in the morning, oh, well.  Some mornings it's better to go ahead and get up and get my walking done before it gets real hot outside!
Take care ---- and thanks for being there for me!
steffy

No comments:

Post a Comment