Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wonderful Weeks!

And Life Goes On!
Didn't realize I hadn't posted since I left work.  As some of the retired say,  I've been busy!  I worked most of the last Royals home stand (it was a LONG home stand!) and have also been working with Mrs. Bussard, the band director at Olathe Northwest.  We've had a good time.  She has a software package for band directors and I'm trying to get it all updated for this year's bands.  New kids coming in, alumni moving out - all that stuff!  And of course walking.  I've gone to the water aerobics class a few times and like it - it's a good workout, perfect for my cross-training. 
This morning I slept in untl 7 - that's an accomplishment!  Of course, Friday night didn't get to bed until almost midnight and last night we were at Starlight and didn't get home until 11:30.  Might have something to do with it...!
Which brings me to Friday night - it was the Relay for Life out at the District Activities Center.  It was great - at least until the storms hit.  The survivor's walk and dinner, then walking around the track.  I got 6 miles in before the rain.  The luminaries were lit just before the storm hit - it was wonderful.  I saw a lot of people I know out there, both supporters and survivors.  It was a great experience!
Saturday night was Starlight - The King and I - one of my favorite musicals.  I actually saw Yul Brynner in one of his last performances as the King before he passed away.  It was fantastic!  Although Lou Diamond Phillips did a respectable job.  It was a wonderful night for being out at Starlight - actually got a little chilly!  We went out for dinner beforehand as is our custom.  Love Starlight date nights!
This week gotta get ready for the garage sale on Saturday and Kaitlyn leaves for her band camp on Friday morning.  She'll be doing a 2-day leadership camp, then a week of jazz band camp.  Should be interesting!  Their marching show this year is about Jazz - should be a good show!
Well - off to church.  I'll try not to be so slow at updating!
Love you all - take care of yourselves now!

steffy

No comments:

Post a Comment