Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Socks!

Socks - so necessary.  Whoever thought new socks would take me a step back?  My old socks were just that - old - and I found myself at Target the other day.  I picked up some good socks, after all, walking as much as I have been, I should have good socks, right?  These felt cushiony, had support around the instep and arch - just what I figured would be good for helping the plantar fasciitis.  I picked up some black ones to wear with my black work shoes (Dr. Scholl's - for working at Chiefs and Sprint Center concessions) and some white ones to wear with my good Asics shoes.  Had no problems Sunday at Sprint center, my feet felt rather good considering I'd stood on them several hours straight.  Monday I put on a new pair of socks (no holes in the toes!!) with my Asics.  Took my 2+ mile walk at lunch.  By the time I came home what's left of my little toe on my right foot felt like it was about to come off.  It was a little better today.  I think what happened is these socks are a little too supportive around my little toe - or what's left of it after I shattered it as a kid.  I still didn't want to walk any distance on it today.  Tomorrow I'll go back to the old socks, and see what happens.  Need to walk some - the weekend wasn't good for walking, then the toe issue. 

Speaking of tomorrow, I go in for my first follow-up mammogram since the surgery and treatments.  I'm sure everything will be fine, and I'm very glad they're keeping a close eye on everything, but it's still the first mammogram.  There's a little apprehension there, but nothing I can't handle!  After all, I'm pretty busy and that will help.  Being swamped at work has it's advantages - I'm on call after all this week.

I'll let you know what happens - both with the socks and the mammogram! 

WALK ON!!!!

A friend from work, Natalie, is walking in the Komen 3-day in San Diego on November 19-21.  She's also a survivor, she had inflammatory breast cancer a couple of years ago.  GO NATALIE!  Please pray for a successful walk for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment