Sunday, May 15, 2011

Walkin' On!

I'm back on track and feelin' good!  I put in six miles yesterday with no problem, and another four miles today.  And I've been working on donations - I have over 25% of the $2300 I need, and it sure is encouraging.  Some of them are surprising - like a donation from a high school friend I haven't seen since high school.  SO -- if any of you are inclined to help me out, please do so.  You can give on the website or print out a form and send it in with your donation if you don't like to do it online.  It's www.the3day.org, click on "Donate to a Participant" on the right side, then enter my name, Stephanie Goddard.  From there you can either donate directly or print out a form.  Thanks....any amount, big or small, helps me out and is very encouraging for me!
And yes, I am retiring as of the end of this month.  I can work more on my training, and I will also be the trip manager for Kaitlyn's high school band trip next year.  No word on where they're going yet, but I'll be getting them there!  I'm really looking forward to it - I've run lots of ski trips and helped run junior high mission trips.  I love working with kids so this should be really fun.  I'll also be working at the Royals games more since I don't have to get up at 5 in the morning!  So I'll be staying busy, just with different work.  And I'm ready for a change.  My son and his fiance will be here for my retirement reception, and they'll stay over Memorial Day so I'll get to spend some time with them.  I'm looking forward to my reception.  There are three of us retiring and having a joint receeption so we should see a lot of people come in.  That will be the hard part - there are a lot of people I've worked with over the last 29 years.  Someone better have the Kleenex box handy!
And then there's the crazy weather....had the a/c guy come in yesterday and do the beginning-of-season tune-up on the a/c - then I turned around and kicked on the furnace last night.  Sheesh!  But I have to admit it's made walking easier.  Had to dig out my winter hat to keep my ears warm!  Took Retro (my beagle mix) with me today on the four-mile walk.  He loves to go walking but it takes longer when you take along a beagle-nose.  He has to sniff at EVERYTHING! 
Well, will sign off for now.  Take care, everyone!

steffy

No comments:

Post a Comment