Tuesday, May 3, 2011

He's not finished with me, yet!

Walking is going well - did 8 miles over the weekend and 3 miles today.  Knee feels great.  But I also have some more interesting news.  I turned in retirement papers today and will officially retire on May 31 - of this year!  Our financial advisor said we could do it - so here we go.  Rob's been "retired" since last September. He quit his job because it got so stressful.  I have to say he's  been much better since he quit.  My company has a great pension plan.  I can continue my family health coverage for a reasonable amount, and they even carry life insurance for me for several more years.  I've been there for 29 years.  I kind of wanted to make it to 30 years, but the numbers were too good right now to pass up.  I can spend the summer training for my walk in September. 
I've been thinking about what to do in my retirement.  I'm definitely not ready to sit down!  When Rob and I were both working, we had money to give to whatever causes we determined needed it.  Now that we're both retired, we may not have as much money, but we do have the time.  I've been thinking it's time to give some of that time back.  I'm certain that God will let me know what He wants me to do in His time.  And like one of my favorite songs goes - He's not finished with me yet!
It'll be an interesting change.  And it's scary and exciting at the same time.  Now I'll have the time to do things I've always wanted to do.  I can work on taking and editing pictures more.  I'll have time to volunteer not only at church, but at Kaitlyn's school - I'd love to help the band program out.  I'll continue to work at Sprint, the Royals, and Chiefs - I like doing that, and it helps pay for all of Kaitlyn's activities.  So I'm not going to sit still for long!
And of course - keep on walkin'!  September will be here before we know it.

Thanks for listening and being there....
Steffy

No comments:

Post a Comment