Thursday, April 21, 2011

WHEW! Safe for now!

Saw the knee dr. this morning.  Not all bad news.  I do have a lot of arthritis in the left knee - it'll be due for a knee replacement sometime in the future.  He said because of that, a scope wouldn't do much.  But he did give me a cortisone shot in the knee (minor ouch!) and gave me encouragement to keep walking.  He said if the shot didn't work or it gets worse over the summer he can do "liquid cartilege" injections which would probably do the trick until the walk is over.  He said since I'd been walking with no problems, I should be good to go. 
SO IT'S OFF TO THE SIDEWALKS!

And along with that - I need to start my fundraising!  Nothing like seeing that fund go up to give me some encouragement!  SO..if you're so inclined - go to www.the3day.org, click on "Donate to a Participant", and enter Stephanie Goddard in the name fields.  You'll see my name at the bottom of the page - you can donate directly there by clicking on "donate now" or click on my name to go to my page and print out a donation form (at the bottom of the page). 

I have a jar here at home - it's collecting spare change, tip money from working at the Royals and Sprint Center, and various other assorted money I run into.  It's my travel fund - I'm planning on going several days early and enjoying the fall DC weather before the walk, and take in a few sights.  So since I have this jar going, everything you give will go directly to the Komen foundation for their fight against cancer.

The exciting part is that my sister will be in DC with me - she will be a part of the support crew.  I am SO looking forward to celebrating my birtday in the middle of the walk! 

Thanks for going with me!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great news Steph! Keep walkin' and take it one step at a time!

    ReplyDelete